As a standalone application, the MarcomGather digital asset management (DAM) product is for any size organization from small businesses to enterprises. MarcomGather allows marketing teams to store, organize, and easily retrieve marketing assets. They can also allow others within their organization to search for, download, and share marketing assets.
Because MarcomGather allows for tagging of assets using keywords and metadata, it enables users across an organization to find what they are looking for much more easily than would a simple file storage directory. It also streamlines the designer/photo editor’s workflow by converting images automatically to different file types and sizes. It is a cloud-based SaaS product, so it reduces the need for in-house file storage and requires no in-house IT resources to deploy and manage it.
Asset Uploading, Organizing, Tagging and Storage
The process for uploading digital content into MarcomGather follows a 4-step sequence and is available to both the administrator and contributor user type.
Files can be dragged & dropped or browsed to and selected. Once uploading, thumbnails will be generated for each asset. Thumbnails for assets can sometimes take a few seconds to be generated.
Collections are folders to group digital assets in the Library. It is also possible to create folders inside a collection. These are called sub-collections. With Collections and Sub-Collections, content can be organized for specific audiences. Users will be able to browse or search these collections to find assets of different types that reside in each collection.
Metadata can be added for multiple assets at one time or on an individual basis. This metadata will make up the facets that users will see when they are filtering their search results. There is also AI Tagging that will automatically be generated when the asset is uploaded to the library.
While Metadata allows for certain info to be defined in bulk, tagging provides a way to specify keywords for each asset.
Once an asset has been uploaded, an admin or contributor user can edit the metadata, as well as edit the name and adding a description unique to each asset.
Uploading a Revision
An asset can be replaced by an revised version with the same file name. The version history will be retained under the History Tab after clicking “Edit”.
Users will be allowed to upload and store the following asset types:
- Images: BMP, CR2, DNG, EPS, GIF, HEIC, JPG, JPEG, NEF, PNG, Raw, SVG, TIFF or TIF, ICO
- Videos: AVI, FLV, HEVC, LRV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, r3d, SWF, VID, WMV
- Audio: AAC, AIF, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, WAV, WMA
- Adobe Creative Suite Files: Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD
- Adobe Swap Exchange (.ase)
- Microsoft Office Files – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher
- Fonts: TTF, OTF, WOFF
- Browsing: All users will be able to browse the asset collections to find assets
- Searching: All users will be able to search for assets using keywords/tags
- Filtering: All users will be able to filter their search results by their metadata (facets)
- Viewing: All users will be able to view the details of an asset
- Video playback: If the asset is a video, all users will be able to play the video before downloading or sharing it
- Downloading: All users will be able to download assets
- Image file conversion: All users will be able to download an image as a selection of different file types
- Automatic file resizing: All users will be able to download a file as a selection of different sizes
- Sharing of assets via link: All users will be able to share assets via a link with others and will be able to set an expiration timeframe for the link.
MarcomGather comes with unlimited users. Three different user roles are offered:
Below is a matrix of the functionality that is available to each user role:
|Create Users & Groups|
|Edit/Delete Users & Groups|
|Set Permissions for Collections|
|Access to ChatBot|
|View Asset History|
Admin users will be able to create or invite other users and assign them a
- User Role
- User Group (optional)
Once a user is created/invited, they can create their own account through a process of self-registration.
User groups can be assigned to a specific collection or collections. If a collection does not have a user group assigned to it, it will be visible to all users.
Other Features and Specifications
A suite of analytics dashboards will be available to view and download data on asset and user performance.
- Asset Performance
- Overall asset performance
- Asset performance details
- Asset performance by user
- User Performance
- Overall user performance
- User performance details
File size limits
- No one file can be larger than 4 GB.
- While there is no limit to the number of files that can be uploaded; 30-50 files provide the best performance – depending on file sizes and internet connection.
- MarcomGather comes with 1 TB of storage.
- Additional blocks of 1 TB can be purchased.
The Help Center is available only to admin users. It allows for:
- the submission of questions via chat – coming soon
- reporting issues – coming soon
- access to FAQs
- access to How-To Videos
- access to blogs and articles
- access to user guides and documentation